How To Tell If Shoes Are Too Big: Factors That Affect Shoe Size
While buying shoes, we sometimes get them of the wrong size. It either gets too big or too small. Most of the time, it’s the bigger shoe that gets more of a problem, giving us heel slippage and getting our feet all messed up.
So if you also want the answer to how to tell if shoes are too big, or are my shoes too big? Then don’t worry as I will explain all those things and many more that will help you get a good size for your shoe. So let’s get started with how to tell if shoes are too big?
Q&A regarding How to tell if shoes are too big?
Q. The easiest way to tell if shoes are big?
- Try them on for few hours, and then you would know.
Q. What if I bought a shoe online and don’t know how to tell if shoes are too big?
- Well, at that time, you can go through the size chart and measure your shoe length and width to get your perfect shoe size and letter.
Q. Is wearing a small shoe okay?
- No, it’s not that it causes many problems, almost the same as the big shoes. You can read all about it below in the article.
Q. Can by wearing a more significant size; I can damage the shoe?
- Yes, as I stated earlier, that heel slippage is often caused by large shoe sizes. That often leads to shoe heel and sole damages and even ends up breaking.
How to tell if shoes are too big?
There are different factors, but the most common one that we know is by trying them out. I mean, if you want to know about are my shoes too big?
Then wear them around for a while, and if your foot slips out or it keeps coming off. That’s when you know that the shoes you are wearing are not that sound fit for your size.
Factors to consider while looking for how to tell if shoes are too big?
While searching for how to tell if shoes are too big, try to wear them with your socks. Sometimes people buy shoes and wear them without socks, thinking it’s a little bit big.
That leads to buying one size smaller, and then when you wear them with socks, it’s just way too tight. So make sure you keep the socks on while trying them, and then wear them for a while before you decide.
Wear your shoes till evening before deciding
The next factor to consider while thinking, are my shoes too big? Is that you wear them for a few hours before deciding on the size if it’s suitable for you or not.
The reason behind that is as when we stay in shoes for a while, our feet start to get swollen, which happens to every person.
So you don’t want to buy a shoe that will be fit at the start, and till the end of the day, it will just kill your toe by cramping it up inside your shoe. So make sure you give your shoes a reasonable time before you decide if they are big or small.
Measure your foot size and get the right size
While looking for how to tell if shoes are too big? It will help if you are looking for the right size and getting the best fit for your feet. I know it may sound straightforward, but it’s not.
The measurement of shoes comes in different ways. It’s not just related to your height or age; sometimes genes matter, and specific factors that include weight and body type also matter.
Factors that you need to notice while measuring your foot size
We all have different feet, which is excellent, and it’s not that matter when it comes to living everyday life. However, when you are looking for an answer on how to tell if shoes are too big, then you need to look at these factors.
The length of feet tells us the size of the shoe we are wearing, and it can be any size. For example, the average women’s shoe size in the US is around 8 to 10, and for men in the US, the size is 10.
Another factor that you need to look at while searching for are my shoes too big? It’s your width of the shoes sometimes, you can have the same height and same foot length as someone, but you both can get a different width.
The weight is the most common reason that makes your feet more comprehensive. The weight presses the tendons and releases the ligament of your feet, making them more comprehensive.
That’s why you also get a different size calculated and mentioned in Alphabetical letters for different widths of feet. It goes from AAA, AA, A, B, C, D, E, EE, to EEE. So make sure you check those before deciding.
Why does the proper size matter while searching for how to tell if shoes are too big?
If you don’t, then there are many troubles you will have to go through while searching for how to tell if shoes are too big. Big shoes are the most common cause of heel slippage. The heel slippage is not reasonable and can lead to getting your shoe to bend in a very uncomfortable position.
If you don’t know, are my shoes too big? Then remember it can also make your shoe sole and heel break. That’s what a heel slippage can do to your feet; you can read more about heel slippage right here.
Then there are some other problems caused by the wrong size shoes you might want to look at while searching for how to tell if shoes are too big?
- Corns and Calluses: This happens mostly because of wearing the right shoes and not getting enough room for your feet to move. They are usually the thick hard skin that develops around your feet because of the friction and pressure of the shoes.
- Ingrown toenails: Ingrown toenail is when the toenail starts to grow sideways and to go inside through the flesh, it hurt so bad. It can be super painful, and it gets said it usually happens because of not enough room in your shoe.
- Bunions: Have you ever heard about your bones growing? Well, it can happen if you wear tight shoes. They can grow inside the shoe, and tendons can stretch. All of that will lead you to pain, swelling, and a lot of suffering.
- Hammertoe: Hammertoe is one of the diseases that you don’t want to have. It not only gets your toes bent from the middle, but it also gets them to have corns because of friction and pressure. It’s painful and irritating.
As we saw in our article, you can use certain factors to find out about are my shoes too big? The height, weight, the time you are wearing them, and how you are wearing them all matters in finishing the correct size.
It’s also connected with genes, and you can also check our Q&A and read all about the factors affecting shoe size and shoe growth. So make sure to go through them and then decide how to tell if shoes are too big?